In an effort to keep the greater sage-grouse off the endangered species list, in part by protecting its habitat, the USFWS has developed a mitigation framework that includes recommendations and standards. The Greater Sage-Grouse Range-Wide Mitigation Framework aims to "communicate some of the factors the Service is likely to consider in evaluating the efficacy of mitigation practices and programs in reducing threats to sage-grouse."
- Conservation Project Announced Near Saskatchewan’s Grasslands National Park
- Greater Sage-Grouse More Mobile Than Previously Suspected
- Wild Bison Back in Banff National Park
- “North America’s grasslands are slowly disappearing — and no one’s paying attention”
- World Wildlife Fund Releases Plowprint Report